Renault Triber: Renault launches 7-seater Triber at ₹4.95 lakh – Specifications and features
Renault Triber: Auto major Renault today launched its compact multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) Triber in India. Renault has launched the all-new Triber at Rs 4.95-6.49 lakh. The seven-seat model is available in four variants and comes with one engine and one gearbox.
The seven-seater Triber, which is less than 4 meters in length and is powered by a 1-litre petrol engine, is the second model from the company after Kwid which has been specifically designed and developed for the Indian market.
|Renault Triber variant-wise prices (ex-showroom, India)|
|RxE||Rs 4.95 lakh|
|RxL||Rs 5.49 lakh|
|RxT||Rs 5.99 lakh|
|RxZ||Rs 6.49 lakh|
Triber, which comes equipped with various features including four airbags and flexi-seating arrangement, would bridge the gap between Kwid and company’s other SUV offerings like Duster and Captur, said Renault India Operations Country CEO and MD Venkatram Mamillapallehe.
Renault is aiming to launch more products in Indian markets with an aim to double sales volume to two lakh units annually in the country within three years.
Renault Triber: Features
- Top-spec Tribers feature an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality, a digital instrument cluster, AC vents in all three rows, a cooled center box, keyless entry, push-button start/stop, power windows, projector headlamps with LED DRLs and a rear wash-wipe.
- In terms of safety, all Tribers come with three-point seat belts on all rows, ABS, reverse parking sensors, and at least two airbags. Additionally, top-spec variants get the added safety of front-side airbags and a rear parking camera.
- The Triber is built on Renault’s modular CMF-A+ platform that also underpins the Kwid hatchback.
- It measures 3,990mm in length, 1,739mm in width, 1,643mm in height and 2,636mm in wheelbase so it’s a fairly substantial car, even among sub-four-meter models.
- The Triber is one of two compacts (under 4m) seven-seater offerings in the Indian market; the other being the Datsun Go+. With all seats in place, the Triber’s boot space is all of 84 litres. However, the rear-most seats can be removed altogether, increasing luggage room to an impressive 625 litres.
- Besides the SUV-like styling, the Triber’s 182mm of ground clearance also helps the model look more muscular.
Renault Triber: Technical Specifications
- Length – 3990 mm
- Width – 1739 mm (without door mirrors)
- Height – 1643 mm (without roof rails)
- Wheelbase – 2636 mm
- Kerb Weight – 947 kg
- Engine Type – 1.0-litre 3-cylinder petrol engine
- Displacement – 999 cc
- Configuration – 3 cylinders
- Gearbox – 5 Speed Manual Transmission
- Power – 72Ps @ 6250 RPM
- Torque – 96Nm @ 3500 RPM
- Tyre size – 165/80 R14
- Front suspension – Mcpherson Strut
- Rear suspension – Torsion Beam
- Boot volume – 84 L (7-seater condition)
- -320 L (6-seater condition)
- -625 L (5-seater condition)
- Ground Clearance – (Unladen) 182 mm
- Fuel tank volume – 40 Litres
Renault Triber also comes with functional roof rails with a load-carrying capacity of 50 kg. Triber’s 8-inch multimedia touch screen features the MediaNav Evolution connected multimedia system. It is compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and their numerous driving and entertainment apps. The multimedia system also allows videos to be played through a USB plug.