Redmi 7A launched in India, prices start ₹5,799, sale on 11 July
Chinese handset maker Xiaomi on Thursday launched the Redmi 7A in India. The smartphone is the successor to the Redmi 6A that was launched last year. The Xiaomi Redmi 7A comes in two variants of 2GB/16GB and 2GB/32GB.
The Xiaomi Redmi 7A is a good smartphone, which is loaded with a lot of strong features. The processor is quite good to manage the overall performance of the system. The battery backup is decent for daily use. It has great cameras, which provides quality performance for photography and videography. However, a better storage capacity would have made it a perfect option to go for around this price range.
Redmi 7A Specifications:
- Redmi 7A comes with a 5.45-inch display with a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels.
- It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 chipset.
- It will be available in two memory and storage configurations. They include 2 GB/16 GB and 3 GB/32 GB variants.
- Users can also increase the storage with a micro-SD card that’s expandable up to 256 GB.
- The Redmi 7A’s highlight is the 4,000 mAh battery that comes with 10W charging. It charges using a micro-USB port.
- On the rear, it has a 12 MP IMX 486 camera sensor whereas on the front, there’s a 5 MP camera sensor that comes with an AI beauty mode. At the launch, Xiaomi also announced that the phone’s rear camera will soon get an AI scene detection in the upcoming updates.
- The Redmi 7A is available in Matte Black, Matte Blue, and Matte Gold color variants.
- The phone doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor and instead, uses the front camera for AI Face unlock.
- The Redmi 7A has a dual nano-SIM slot where both support 4G VoLTE.
- It has a 3.5 mm headphone jack and supports Bluetooth 5.0. The phone also features wireless FM Radio.
As for launch offers, since July marks Xiaomi’s fifth year anniversary in India, Xiaomi announced that all customers purchasing the Redmi 7A in the month of July will get a cashback of Rs 200.