Railways New Time Table: 49 New Trains Added and 261 Speeded Up
Indian Railways New time table 2019: If you travel frequently by Indian Railways trains, here is some news for you. Recently, Indian Railways has revised the time table for several train services. The railways have speeded up 261 trains as part of Mission Raftaar, by up to 110 minutes over different zones, providing a faster transit to passengers which will be reflected in the new time table. ‘Mission Raftaar’ was announced in the Railway Budget 2016-17 and envisages a target of doubling the average speed of freight trains and increasing the average speed of all non-suburban passenger trains by 25 kmph in the next five years.
The railways also said that it has replaced 141 short distance passenger trains, especially having reversal en route, by Mainline Electric Multiple Units (MEMUs) and Diesel Electric Multiple Units (DEMU) in 2018-2019, thereby increasing the overall mobility of the system.
Forty-nine new trains, which have already been introduced, have been added in the new time table. These are – one Vande Bharat Express train, 34 Humsafar Express trains, 11 Antyodaya Express trains, two Tejas Express trains and one Uday Express train.
The movement of 27 pairs of trains has been rationalized through adjacent/satellite terminals to obviate the need for the reversal of locomotives. To improve the travel experience, a total of 411 pairs of important long-distance trains are now running with LHB coaches, thus improving the passenger experience.
It is advisable to check the revised time table first before booking a train ticket. Under the Northern Railways’ new time table plan, several trains have been extended, canceled, renumbered, introduced or speeded up. Also, the frequency of many trains has been increased and decreased. The revised time table is effective from 1 July 2019.
List of Railways New time table:
- Introduction of new Tejas Proposed trains-
- Train number 22425/22426 New Delhi- Chandigarh Tejas Express
- Train number 12585/12586 New Delhi- Lucknow Tejas Express
- Extension of Trains-
- Train number 12205/12206 Dehradun- New Delhi Nanda Devi Express has been extended up to Kota Junction.
- Train number 54391/54392 Aligarh- Moradabad passenger train has been extended up to Gajraula.
- Train number 74991/74992 Ambala- AmbAndora DEMU has been extended up to Daulatpur Chowk.
- Train number 12037/12038 New Delhi- Ludhiana Shatabdi Express has been extended up to Lohian Khas.
- Increase/Decrease in frequency of trains-
- Frequency of train number 12275/12276 Allahabad- New Delhi Humsafar Express increased from tri-weekly to four days in a week.
- Frequency of train number 12037/12038 New Delhi- Ludhiana Shatabdi Express decreased from five days to two days in a Week.
- New connectivity- Connectivity of train number 54391/54392 Aligarh-Moradabad passenger train has been changed to Gajraula.
- Change in nomenclature of trains-
- Train number 12037 New Delhi- Ludhiana Shatabdi changed to Intercity Express.
- Train number 12207 JammuTawi- Kathgodam Garibrath changed to Express train.
- Train number 12209 Kathgodam- Kanpur Central Garibrath changed to Express train.
- Train number 12208 Kathgodam- JammuTawi Garibrath changed to Express train.
- Train number 12038 Ludhiana- New Delhi Shatabdi changed to Intercity express.
- Train number 12210 Kanpur Central- Kathgodam Garibrath changed to Express train.
- Train number 12043 New Delhi- Moga Shatabdi changed to Intercity Express.
- Train number 12044 Moga- New Delhi Shatabdi changed to Intercity Express.
- Train cancellation-
- Train number 54393/54394 Moradabad-Gajraula passenger train.
- Train number 54651/54652 Jammu Tawi-Udhampur passenger train.
- Renumbering of trains-
- Train number 15209 Saharsa-Amritsar Express renumbered as 14617
- Train number 14369 Singrauli-Tanakpur Express renumbered as 15073
- Train number 14115 Prayag Ghat-Haridwar Express renumbered as 14229
- Train number 15210 Amritsar-Saharsa Express renumbered as 14618
- Train number 14370 Tanakpur-Singrauli Express renumbered as 15074
- Train number 12206 Dehradun-Kota Express renumbered as 12402
- Train number 24369 Shaktinagar-Tanakpur Express renumbered as 15075
- Train number 24370 Tanakpur-Singrauli Express renumbered as 15076
- Train number 14116 Haridwar-Prayag Ghat Express renumbered as 14230
- Train number 12205 Kota-Dehradun Express renumbered as 12401